A Volunteer Driver Reimbursement Program
In every community, there is a population faced with complications that make travel for basic quality of life needs extraordinarily challenging. This could be due to lack of service availability or mobility limitations caused by physical, mental or financial challenges. Tuolumne Trip is intended to provide a transportation alternative for those isolated and home-bound individuals who cannot use current services (listed below) or are current ADA Certified Dial A Ride users wishing to substitute more convenient travel options by providing them with the tools to connect with available and new community resources.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
• Residents of Tuolumne County who are seniors (60+), persons with disabilities, persons of limited means or veterans are eligible for program participation, subject to other eligibility criteria and restrictions.
• The types of trips eligible for reimbursement are limited to those that are pre-approved through the eligibility documentation and approval process:
Health Care; Banking; Personal Errands; Shopping; Visit Friends and Family; School; Religious Activities; Volunteering; Dining; Recreation; Meetings; Events; Drug/Alcohol rehabilitation; Other
• To be eligible for reimbursement, each trip must begin and end in Tuolumne County with the exception of some pre-approved out of county medical trips. Trips must be made during normal hours of service for Tuolumne County Transit unless approved in advance.
• Participants are encouraged to consolidate trips, when possible.
• Mileage reimbursements will not be paid to Tuolumne Trip participants for travel on Tuolumne County Transit Fixed Route, Dial-A-Ride buses or other public transportation services.
• Travel using a commercial taxi service or other Transportation Network services are eligible for reimbursement at the mileage rate established herein.
• Ride sharing is encouraged whenever possible.
Tuolumne Trip mileage reimbursement is set at Internal Revenue Service standard mileage rates.
Reimbursement payments for approved travel will be issued to the Tuolumne Trip participant on a monthly basis. It is the responsibility of each Tuolumne Trip participant to submit requests for reimbursement in a timely manner. Approved Social Service Agency Care Representatives, Social Service Coordinator or Mobility
Coordinators may submit ride reimbursements on behalf of participants.
STANDARD MILEAGE ALLOWANCES:
PARTICIPANTS RESIDING WITHIN 10 MILES OF THE CITY OF SONORA:
30 miles per one-way trip
300 miles per month
ALL OTHER PARTICIPANTS:
38 miles per one-way trip
375 miles per month
OUT OF COUNTY TRAVEL:
Mileage determination for out of county
travel will be determined on a case by
case basis, but shall not exceed
300 miles per round trip.
Tuolumne TRIP Program Click for Brochure
For additional program details or questions about eligibility please call Tuolumne County Transportation Council staff at 209.533.5603 or email